Saturday, September 27, 2014

In the beginning

Well honestly I have no idea where the beginning really is. I can trace back several generations but never quite get that one further back right?
I'm not sure where I should start. Mom's side? Dad's? I don't want to label all those still living on this blog, but I will give generalizations - My dad has 4 brothers, my mom, 8 brothers and sisters. All but one of my grandparents have passed on.
There. The beginning, I guess.

I'll be tracing some family lines and documenting what I can think of.

I think I'll start with the Roy family... it's all because of a book I was given ya know. A photo cabinet book of photos taken in the 1890s of my Roy family ancestors - oh it's amazing I tell you. I contacted a woman who bought the book at an estate sale, she posted info online. These photos all had names and dates... it's really a miracle to me! Like this was one of those absolutely meant to be things when everything works for you. The woman who had the book lived in the same town as me to start, the book contained a letter written to my great great grandfather by his mother. There where photos of two of his brothers that I couldn't find and photos of my great great great grandmother's brothers. That's how I even learned her maiden name! Who would have thought 30 photos could change so much?


No comments:

Post a Comment